Early Childhood Center Mission
At the NKU Early Childhood Center, we believe that every child and family deserves to experience the joys of childhood in a nurtutring and welcoming environment where they are safe and free to celebrate their uniqueness and discover their value in the world.
The NKU Early Childhood Center provides a high-qulity early care and education program to children of all abilities, engages families and communities we serve by working collaboratively with parents, university departments and community partners to access services which promote life-long learning and benefit the children, parents and staff in our program. We serve as a research-based model program and training site for NKU students and the larger community.
Areas of Focus
• Provide a High-quality, Model Program
• Support Student Parents to Achieve Goals
• Recruit and Retain High-quality Staff
• Collaborate and Integrate with University Departments
• Be Regional Stewards of Early Childhood Education
• Expand Programming to include a birth - 8 Focus