What We Believe
We believe that excellent child care replicates many of the aspects of a loving home environment, where caring adults nurture children to grow and learn. We have a basic respect for the uniqueness of each child. The intent of our curriculum is to offer diverse opportunities for learning.
We believe each child's cultural background is also relevant in the design of a curriculum that is age-appropriate for all children and individually appropriate for each child. We provide a variety of multicultural, nonstereotyping materials and experiences for children in order to enhance each child's self-concept and to broaden the experiences of all children.
We believe multicultural curriculum experiences enrich the lives of children by fostering an appreciation of the differences and similarities among them.
For our children
- children learn by doing
- in providing a safe and secure environment for learning
- you are each an individual with unique needs and strengths
- in respecting the diversity each of you represent
- helping you build a foundation for success in life
- in placing you at the center of everything we do
For our parents
- you are your child’s first and most important teacher
- when you are involved in your child’s development -everyone benefits
- in placing children at the center of everything we do
- in respecting the diversity each of you contribute to our center
- your active participation in NKU’s Early Childhood Center enhances the quality of our program
For our student staff
- you are essential to providing high quality early care and education at NKU’s Early Childhood Center
- it is your responsibility to positively promote and represent our center on and off of campus
- you will to utilize our center to develop and exhibit professional skill in early childhood education
- you will treat others (children, parents, teachers and peers) with respect and professionalism
- your investment of time and energy will make a positive impact in the life the life of the center